Drivers/Auto Insurance

Odd things that only happen in America.

Drivers/Auto Insurance

Postby andysbeef » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Getting drivers/car insurance to get license plates then canceling the policy lands you in jail….period. The Insurance Companies must also be held responsible (jail time) if they do not notify the State. Hey, it’s only a couple of keystrokes and the State would be notified. Why do the innocent keep paying the bill?
andysbeef

Re: Drivers/Auto Insurance

Postby elliotman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Our state has it backwards too. Here you sign an affidavit stating you have insurance and away you go with your plates (no proof need be shown). The part they did get right is if you get pulled over or the State randomly sends out probe letters requiring you to show proof at that time (already done it to me twice) and if you don't have it, you loose your license and plates for a mandatory 3 months minimum and the judge cannot give you privileges during that first three months. When you do get your license back you have to buy high risk (SR-22 or bond) insurance for 3 to 5 years. The reinstatement fees are hefty as well.
elliotman

Postby banchi_jojo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:26 am

I was in another forum recently and people were in there crying about a driver responsibility fee that my state has. I guess it's pretty big - a few thousand. All these people were in there crying that it's too steep, they can't get a job because they have no car.. on and on! They were all admitting that they did something, like drunk driving, speeding, unpaid ticket or what have you that kicked in the Driver Responsibility Fee. I of course chimed in and told them to quit crying and that if they weren't doing something in the first place to put them in a position to be further penalized, then all is well. I got slammed with hate messages - I was flabbergasted! There are a lot of people out there that think they do no wrong and it's everyone else's fault.

States need to impose these HUGE penalties to help us out - eventually these people will have to pony-up. I see this as helping us out in the long run, unless I'm missing something.

Unfortunately, I was the ONLY one our of 1000 or so posts that thought so. These are the people driving without insurance I'm sure. What the hell is a matter with people?
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
banchi_jojo
Site Admin

Postby andysbeef » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 am

Screw those people. You get caught without insurance and or bad record, the first time, big fine the second time.....JAIL! If the State's DON'T do that it just costs the good driver more and I'm sick and tired of paying for someone else. Why do these assholes keep thinking that someone else has to pay for their mistake????
andysbeef

Postby stevieray » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:43 pm

I got rear ended in Louisiana a few years back, totaled the Crown Vic I had just bought that week, and the perp gave phony info to the La State Police. The last time I checked they weren't even pursuing it. Thank goodness I've always carried uninsured/underinsured coverage on all of my rides. Texas has finally gone to a computer database system where the insurance info is in their records before you can get license plates. I hope it helps.
stevieray

Postby andysbeef » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:17 pm

The State of Texas seems to do a lot of things right. Maybe someone will wise up and kick the illegals out of Texas.
andysbeef

Postby banchi_jojo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey, any state that has a Texecution is alright in my book!! :roll:
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
banchi_jojo
Site Admin

Postby andysbeef » Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

But officer....I was not tailgating.

But officer....I was not tailgating.

But officer....I was not text-ting.

But officer....I was not tailgating
Attachments
Tailgating.jpg
Tailgating.jpg (11.85 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
andysbeef